Find The Gift
by Ada Porat
Everyone has their own issues and dramas to deal with. Sometimes we get so stuck in the muck that it is difficult to see beyond the challenges of the moment.
We start focusing on the problem instead of the solution. We may stare so hard at what we think it is, that we don’t see that our limited view may block the awareness of a bigger picture evolving.
And yet, the thing that one person may judge as disgusting cow manure, can be welcomed with gratitude by another to grow abundant crops. It is simply a matter of different perspectives.
When we label things from our personal perspective, we are a hair’s breadth away from judging, because we are shutting out any other possibilities. How often do we not jump to a worst-case scenario whereas the situation turned out to be a blessing instead?
When you get stuck in the drama of life, you need proven tools to get unstuck, and fast! You need to pry the mind loose from its fixation on what it perceives as the problem, and open it to a broader range of possibilities.
When you step back from the situation to consider other possible viewpoints, you allow for other perspectives. Expanding your viewpoint opens up your perception to other possibilities. It makes space for grace and gratitude to enter.
Here are some questions to ask yourself to get unstuck:
- What if this situation is a gift?
- What if what’s going on right now in my life is the greatest gift I could ever have imagined, although I won’t know it for another six months or a year from now?
- What if the heat of this situation is exactly what is needed to hatch my dream?
- What if this ignites a passion in me that I would not have acknowledged under any other circumstances?
- What if I’ve been so focused on the terrible things that might happen that I’ve been blind to the good things that are happening in my life?
- What if this situation offered me the best way to let go of what I no longer needed?
- What if this is all a lesson in learning to trust?
- What if all this is simply to help me see what really matters?
- What if this is a wake-up call from my soul?
- And what if I woke up? What would I be waking up from? What would I be awakening to?
So, what if the lemons in my life present an opportunity to shift to higher consciousness?
Wherever manure piles show up in your life, look for the gift in it. Give thanks for what shows up – it is an opportunity for you to learn from.
©Copyright Ada Porat. For more information, visit http://adaporat.com/
This article may be freely distributed in whole or in part, provided there is no charge for it and this notice is attached.